Monday, September 14, 2015

My Craigslist Finds

I love scouring Craigslist for vintage finds for cheap that would cost an arm and a leg on Etsy. Up until now I was too wary of the horror stories I've heard about Craigslist killers to actually buy anything. About a month ago I decided to suck it up and hope I don't get killed for that perfect MCM piece. My very first purchase was a slightly rusty magazine rack that I knew I could spray paint over and give a new home. It cost me $20 and an hour of getting lost on the other side of the city, but I eventually came home with my new (to me) piece.

 Isn't it beautiful? 

I spray painted it gold, filled it with vintage cookbooks and stuck it next to an arm chair that I have in my room for reading.


Anyway, on to my most recent find. Kromex spun aluminum canister sets. I've seen these for sale on Etsy for close to $100 for incomplete pieces in horrible shape and in the hundreds for perfect sets.
I found a four piece set with Sugar, Flour, Coffee and Tea all with original lids, no rust spots, and only one noticeable dent for $25. It's the perfect design for my cake carrier I got earlier this year too!

The dent is on the Sugar canister



 They nest inside each other for easy storage too!

These are perfect for display on the counter top once they're shined up a bit. All I need to find now are the Cookie and Grease canisters to match, but I'm in no hurry to find them. 

That's it for today. I definitely need some improvement on writing, but i think this could be fun.


Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Splendid finds!!! I've always wanted to have the counter space for a vintage canister set of my own. One day. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd leave a comment! They'll appear after being approved. Thank you!