Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Small Spaces

I don't have a lot of room to work with, decorating wise while I'm in school. It causes me to be a little inventive with how things are able to work together.
Two of these places are my bedside tables. One of them isn't used by me, so it's my temporary vanity. It's where I keep my jewelry boxes, a spare compact, and a couple other odds and ends.

I use vintage scarves to cover my tables to try and liven up my bedroom. 
Fun fact, the bottom jewelry box is completely empty. A couple of days before I found it I had sorted through all of my jewelry and donated what didn't comfortably fit in the top box. 
It gives me an excuse to buy more jewelry though!  
The three trays sitting on top are from my first estate sale where I also found a beautiful mint green tea cup and saucer. They're plaster snack trays from Occupied Japan that are in great shape for their age. The jar (and its matching tissue box) were a gift this past Christmas from my Dad and Step mom that I was able to pick out myself. The compact was found at an antique store, and the cardboard "Kim" doll was from an estate sale where I also found a cute pink and gold glitter bathroom scale. The purple crystal was a gift from my Step dad when we were first introduced, from a national park he used to work at. 



My other bedside table is the one that gets used by me. It has my lamp, the tissue box mentioned earlier, a mirrored lipstick holder slash perfume display I found at a garage sale for a steal that holds my Nyx chap-stick collection. An unmarked stamped glass creamer I found at a Goodwill with fruity candy corn and off to the side is my suitcase and train case both of which I found at a vintage store this past December. 

I love that I am able to collect things that hold memories for me, as I'm sure held memories for the previous owners. I feel so much better knowing that I'm able to give old things a new home where they'll be as used and loved as they were the day they were first bought. 

Rachel

Oh, and I'm linking up this post for a Thrifty & Vintage Finds Link Party!
Dagmar's Home Thrifty and Vintage Finds link party

1 comment:

  1. It's always fun to find new ways of putting things together. Sometimes having less space means we get more inventive!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd leave a comment! They'll appear after being approved. Thank you!