Wednesday, September 16, 2015

White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies


The first holiday my stepmom shared with our family, she made these cookies that were to die for. She's made them year after year, because they're such a big hit!. They're from her mother who was a Home Ec. teacher for many, many years. I don't know where she got the recipe, but I am so very glad she did! They're soft, cake like cookies that are sweet enough to cure your sweet tooth, but not so sweet that you'll go into a sugar coma. You could whip them up in a second with ingredients you have in your pantry, and are definitely a crowd pleaser.


Pumpkin Cookies

1 Cup Shortening
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
1 Egg
1 TSP Vanilla
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 TSP Baking Soda
1 TSP Baking Powder
1 TSP Cinnamon
1/2 TSP Salt
1 Cup White Chocolate Chips

Beat the shortening until creamy, gradually add the sugar until the mixture is smooth. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and beat well. Sift together the dry ingredients, and add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the chips and spoon out onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes, remove from cookie sheet and cool on a rack. Makes about 25-30 cookies. Enjoy!



It's important to always gather your ingredients together. This is called putting together a Misen Place.




I beat the shortening until creamy using my KitchenAid.



Once it was creamy, I added the brown and white sugars and beat that until they were mixed together.


I added the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla. A good trick for the egg, is you crack it in a small bowl first to make sure there won't be any shell shards in your finished product. 


I sifted together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a separate bowl. Once they were sifted i added it in increments to the wet ingredients.


After scraping down the sides to get everything incorporated, I took the bowl off of the mixer and added the chips by hand. I do that so the chips don't get broken up by the mixer's speed.


Scoop the dough onto a parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet. They won't spread much, and will hold whatever shape you put them in.

When you're done they'll look like this!

I hope you'll love these as much as I do! Please link back here if you share this! :)

Rachel




Too Much Time On My Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love it if you'd leave a comment! They'll appear after being approved. Thank you!